Thursday, January 19, 2012

The 'DUTCH' Sportaholic

Before I start writing my blog I want to tell you something more about the writer of this blog. 'The writer' of this blog is Alle Koperdraad; tall, blond, Dutch and was born on January 17th 1991. This is exactly twenty-one years (plus 2 days), seven thousand six hundred and sixty seven days, one hundred eighty three thousand nine hundred and sixty hours and eleven million thirty seven thousand six hundred minutes ago. I was born in a small city Hilversum in the Netherlands. The Netherlands has approximately sixteen million residents. This is almost half of the population of Canada. However Canada is the second largest country in the world and manymanymany bigger than the Netherlands.
The Netherlands (Europe)

As a kid I started walking when I was one year old and today twenty-one years later I am a RUNNER. I'm Track & Field athlete on a high level and participated in many Dutch Championships in the last couple of years.

I like to watch all kind of sports. Unfortunately I have to wait 189 days for watching the London Olympic Games. This games will feature 26 sports, which break down intro 39 disciplines. I'm using this blog to inform every Sportaholic (definition sportaholic: someone who has an addiction to sports) about the road of the Dutch athletes to London Olympic Games 2012!

The following Dutch teams are qualified for the London Olympic Games 2012:

- Hockey: men's/female team
- Rowing: eight with coxsmain (8+) Men
- Rowing: eight with coxswain (8+) Women

There are many nominated athletes and teams. Track & Field athlete Eelco Sintnicolaas (Decathlon) is nominated and says this on his Twitter page:

On 30 august the Dutch National Olympic Committee (NOC NSF) will present its “study top 10”. This study should give insight in the present top sports climate in The Netherlands and its future ambitions. In order to fulfill its objective to host the Olympics in 2028, one of the ambitions of the NOC NSF is to structurally end in the medals top 10 of Olympic Games. The top 10 should be seen in this perspective; it consists of those sports that have a decent chance to realize this ambition. Clearly these sports should qualify for extra financial support.
 
Why should YOU follow my blog?
Holland (The Netherlands) is a small country with high sport ambition.
A lot of things happen in the Dutch world of sport. I will provide you all the latest news and all the ins and outs about the Dutch Road to London 2012 on a creative and innovative way, which makes it more fun to read!

I hope you are enthusiastic about reading my first post and in Dutch we say: Tot Ziens! (Bye Bye)

A. (The Dutch Sportaholic)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Dutchy! Will definitely be following it regularly :)

    ReplyDelete